Quality programs and caring staff
Our strong group
of teachers provide
programs that truly
give students a
advantage in the
Families and students will find friendly and caring teachers and staff who build supportive relationships with students. Our vision is that all students feel supported to become strong critical thinkers and collaborators, who can solve real-world problems and persevere through difficult situations to experience success in high school and beyond.
We believe college or career ready means students are competent academically, socially, and emotionally. Instruction is tailored to meet each learner’s needs, integrates technology, and provides real world applications.
Marinette High School partners with local manufacturing sites, area colleges, and technical colleges, all branches of the military, YMCA, and the Marinette Recreation Center for enhanced learning opportunities.
Block Scheduling: Time to Focus with Less Stress
A block schedule provides 90-minutes classes. Managing four classes each day tends to be more manageable for students, lessening their stress and improving their well-being. In addition, we offer a 45-minute “skinny class” for band and chorus, and a daily, 30-minute Anchor Hour which provides time for intervention, academic and career planning, and enrichment.
ACADEMIC & CAREER-FOCUSED OPPORTUNITIES
- Transcribed Credit courses and Advanced Placement courses to earn college credit.
- Advanced Standing Courses, which if successfully completed, allow students to skip an introductory level course within the program.
- Early College Credit and Start College Now programs
- Marine Way Pathway Learning Communities which combines rigorous academic instruction with career-related and work-based learning.
- Johnson Controls STEM Mentor Program, youth apprenticeship, and more.
- Marinette has the highest number of extra-curricular opportunities in the region, and all students are encouraged to get involved!
- We offer athletic teams, academic and service clubs, social organizations, music, fine arts, and mentoring opportunities.